To nurture the love for Performing and Visual Arts in the school community
Enriched lives through the arts
Philosophy in Arts Education
Arts is essential to every child’s development. It has the power to enrich students’ lives, shape their character and develop the vast well-spring of the human spirit. Therefore, the school develops a performing and visual arts curriculum, catering to the needs of the students and giving them rich experiences towards achieving the subject and student outcomes.
Our EDGE Approach
Using the EDGE Approach, the arts curriculum delivers student-centric experiences, develop their abilities and skills in the different art forms, grow their character and empower students by provide them platforms and opportunities to apply and take actions.
Experience: The arts curriculum is designed to create student-centric learning experiences for the students, engaging students with different learning style and intelligence. Students experience the breadth of all 4 different art forms but focuses in depth in music and art.
Develop: Using an elcentric approach, combining a range of major pedagogies and approaches, students acquire skills and develop their arts abilities.
Grow: Using strategies and approaches that promotes critical thinking skills and draws character strengths, students develop future-ready skills, grow in values with well-being enhanced.
Empower: Different platforms and collaboration opportunities within the curriculum are available to empower students to take ownership of their own learning and grow in both skills and character.
Our Student Outcome
Through the arts education, students develop confidence through self-expression, collaborate with their classmates, develop a curiosity towards the arts and life, find connect within themselves, with society and people across cultures and develop 21st century competencies.
- Show interest and participate actively in the learning
of music and art theory, basic dance concept and drama foundation and thereby
demonstrate a lifelong interest in arts involvement
- Open and responsive to improvising and performing music, dance and drama and making art, developing intellectual curiosity and creativity
- Collaborate with one another in arts activities,
developing interpersonal and collaborative skills as well as communication
- Develop a sense of accountability while exercising personal responsibility in the process of collaborating with others towards a set goal
- Make connection between themselves and
arts, see the value of arts in their life and thereby live an enriched life
through lifelong involvement in music
- Connect through arts to people across other cultures enabling them to respect and identify others developing social responsibility
- Develop confidence through arts experiences and varied performing and showcase opportunities