Primary 5 Science programmes
Investigative Science Project
After two years of exposure to Science concepts and experiment, the P5 students are tasked to do their own projects. In this project, students are given some questions to some real life situation. They will form their own groups and carry out their own research and experimentation to find out their answers.
In this project, students are required to:
- State their hypothesis
- Identify the variables of the experiment
- Plan their procedures
- Carry out their experiment
- Record and communicate their findings
Through this project, we want to equip our students with the 21st century competencies such as Information and Communication skills. While searching for relevant information, it is important that our students knows what questions to ask, how to sieve and extract information which is relevant and useful. We also want to instill the Critical and Inventive Thinking in our students. They have to assess the information, think critically and make sound decisions while doing their project.
In this way, we hope that our students will become:
- A self-directed learner who questions, reflects, perseveres and takes responsibility for his/ her own learning.
- An active contributor who is able to work effectively in teams, is innovative, exercises initiative, takes calculated risks and strives for excellence.
In the process of collaborating and working in teams for their project, students also learn from the one another. Hence, leading to a greater exposure to in-depth knowledge of the Scientific concepts behind their projects.